A subject with sometimes patchy teaching throughout training, in this current episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast, Drs Lisa and Sara speak to Dr Uma Marthi (GP with a Special Interest in Gynaecology) to discuss some common gynaecological presentations in young girls up to teenage years.
She takes us through her approach to vaginal bleeding in neonates, vaginal itch in toddlers, breast development and vaginal discharge in teenagers.
- The British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (great patient leaflets): https://britspag.org/
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology guidelines: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/
- NHS Resources example, Vaginal Discharge: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaginal-discharge/
- Primary Care Women’s Health Forum: https://pcwhf.co.uk/
- eLearning for Health, Female Genital Mutilation Module: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/female-genital-mutilation/