Are you a Clinical Director of a Primary Care Network (PCN)? Read on for some key information and quick steps on how to get your PCN practices more involved in research to improve care quality in Greater Manchester.
The introduction of PCNs presented an exciting opportunity to drive primary care led research across organisational and system boundaries.
Key steps for engaging your PCN in research:
- Find out which (if any) of your network practices are already involved in research
- Encourage those practices to share their stories with others at network meetings
- Signpost your practice teams to our Greater Manchester GP Excellence research webpages
- Contact the NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) Greater Manchester email@example.com which can help with:
- Funding to support development of research infrastructure
- Delivering research awareness training and formal ‘Good Clinical Practice’ training for practice teams
- Facilitating the development of network-wide research models