In this, our second of the COVID-19 specific episodes, GPs Lisa and Sara are joined electronically by Dr Dan Bunstone (GP and Clinical Director of Warrington CCG and Chief Medical Officer at Push Doctor) and Dr Joanna Bircher (GP partner, clinical director for GP Excellence and Pandemic Lead for her PCN).
- Advantages of telephone and video consultations including how to use the golden minute, picking up cues on video consults and when they might be most useful.
- Safety points around confirming patient identity and others that may be in the room.
- The need for excellent documentation for non face to face consultations.
- Tips for good safety netting.
- Logistics of picking up prescriptions and how to protect shielded groups.
Listen to the podcast at https://www.pckb.org/e/covid-19-telephone-and-video-consultation-tips.
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Covid-19 specific guidelines:
- Trisha Greenhalgh’s excellent BMJ article: Covid-19: a remote assessment in primary care:https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1182
- eGP learning great telephone consultations tips
- Red Whale Emotional and Psychological Survival Guide:
- Website collating useful COVID-19 links: https://primarycarepathways.co.uk/covid19