In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast doctors Lisa and Sara talk to Dr Uma Marthi who is a GP with a specialist interest in gynaecology about red flags for gynaecological cancers.
Together they discuss some cases based on real patients that involve cervical, vaginal and endometrial cancers.
There will be a separate episode around the varied presentations of ovarian cancer in the future.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://pckb.org/e/red-flags-for-gynaecological-cancers/.
- NICE guidelines for Red Flags for Gynaecological Cancers (Updated Dec 2021): https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng12/chapter/Recommendations-organised-by-site-of-cancer#gynaecological-cancers
- Cancer Research UK: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/
- Jo’s Trust for Cervical Cancer: https://www.jostrust.org.uk/
- The Eve Appeal: UK Charity funding research and raising awareness of the five gynaecological cancers – womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal: https://eveappeal.org.uk/
- Go Girls: UK Charity Supporting Women with Gynaecological Cancers: https://www.gogirlssupport.org/
- BMJ Research Article: Prevalence of cervical disease at age 20 after immunisation with bivalent HPV vaccine at age 12-13 in Scotland: retrospective population study (April 2019): https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l1161