In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast Doctors Lisa and Sara speak to Dr Rachel Morris, host of the wonderful podcast You Are Not a Frog, to learn about assertiveness in General Practice.
They chat about what assertiveness is, general tips, frameworks and models for how to approach assertiveness, as well as showcasing how these can work with a few examples.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://www.pckb.org/e/assertiveness-in-general-practice.
- Looking after Yourself in General Practice (previous Primary Care Knowledge Boost episode): https://www.pckb.org/e/looking-after-yourself-in-general-practice/
- Get a free handout about the Zone of Power: https://www.shapestoolkit.com/zone-of-power
- Check out the You Are Not A Frog podcast: www.youarenotafrog.com
- Find out more about Rachel’s CPD community for doctors: www.permissiontothrive.org
- Find out more about the Resilient Team Academy online membership for busy leaders in healthcare: https://www.shapestoolkit.com/resilient-team-academy
- Get in touch with Rachel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more about her training: www.shapestoolkit.com
- Sign up for your FREE mini video series training from Rachel, all about setting boundaries and saying no https://www.shapestoolkit.com/boundaries
- Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument: https://kilmanndiagnostics.com/overview-thomas-kilmann-conflict-mode-instrument-tki/
- NonViolent Communication Model by by Marshall B. Rosenberg: https://www.nonviolentcommunication.com/learn-nonviolent-communication/4-part-nvc/
- Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Podcast, Feel Better Live More: How to Build Exceptional Relationships and Why You Should with David Bradford and Carole Robin: https://drchatterjee.com/how-to-build-exceptional-relationships-and-why-you-should-with-david-bradford-and-carole-robin/
- Connect: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends and Colleagues by David L. Bradford and Carole Robin: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/314/314545/connect/9780241986868.html