In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost (PCKB) podcast, doctors Lisa and Sara discuss chronic pain with Dr Mahindra Chincholkar, consultant anaesthetist and clinical director at Manchester and Salford Pain Centre (MSPC). They cover the concept of chronic pain and Dr Mahindra explains his stepwise approach to assessing and managing chronic pain through the use of an anonymous case.
The episode has been released to coincide with the launch of the forthcoming Greater Manchester Pain Management Resources Hub which has been co-designed with healthcare professionals and people with lived experience of pain, for use by healthcare professionals supporting people living with pain. You can complete a form to be notified once the resource hub is available.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://pckb.org/e/chronic-pain/
- Case study: ‘The Nail in the Boot’, Fisher et al, BMJ 1995
- ‘Permission to Move’ book: https://www.permissiontomove.com/books
- Tame the Beast video about managing pain: https://www.tamethebeast.org/#tame-the-beast
- Flippin’ Pain: https://flippinpain.co.uk/
- British Pain Society: https://www.britishpainsociety.org/
- Faculty of Pain Medicine: https://fpm.ac.uk/
- The Pain Toolkit: https://www.paintoolkit.org/