In this first episode we talk to Dr Joanna Bircher (GP partner, clinical director for GPExcellence and Pandemic Lead for her PCN) and Dr Viren Mehta (GP partner, clinical director of his PCN and clinical director for Stockport CCG).
- We summarise some of the Standard Operating Procedure from 19th March with practical tips on how to implement this.
- We think about ways that surgeries can reduce their footfall and protect staff and patients from exposure.
- We also touch on which normal general practice services should continue during this time and where to look for guidance.
- We talk about ways to look after your staff and speak specifically about home visits.
Listen to the podcast at https://www.pckb.org/e/covid-19-episode-1-introductory-tips-for-general-practice.
- NHS England Standard Operating Procedure for General Practice (19th March 2020): https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/primary-care/general-practice/standard-operating-procedures/
- RCGP Guidance on workload prioritisation during COVID-19 (23rd March 2020): https://www.rcgp.org.uk/-/media/Files/Policy/A-Z-policy/2020/covid19/RCGP%20guidance/202003233RCGPGuidanceprioritisationroutineworkduringCovidFINAL
- PPE video for UK primary care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpg64grevO0
- Website collating useful COVID-19 links: https://primarycarepathways.co.uk/covid19