In the latest episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost podcast GPs Sara and Lisa talk to Greater Manchester based GP Dr Jaweeda Idoo and Practice manager Gina Bird about their experiences of staff risk assessments in general practice at the moment.
Staff risk assessments in primary care during COVID-19 are generating many questions, such as:
- Which tool?
- How should they be carried out?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing them?
- How does Vitamin D fit in?
- What does this mean for practice?
- BMJ Covid-19: Known risk factors fail to explain the increased risk of death among people from ethnic minorities May 2020: https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1873
- NHS Staff Risk Assessments: https://www.nhsemployers.org/covid19/health-safety-and-wellbeing/risk-assessments-for-staff
- SAAD Risk Assessment: https://abmacademy.com/saad-risk-scoring-for-bame/
- Welsh Risk Assessment Tool COVID-19 (WRATC): https://www.bapio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Risk-Assessment-Tool.pdf
- RCOG Covid-19 Advice in Pregnancy: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/