In this episode of the podcast Drs Lisa and Sara are joined by GPs Dr Viren Mehta and Dr Joanna Bircher who summarise new guidelines and evidence relevant in primary care this week.
Covered this episode:
- Clinically recognised natural courses of COVID-19 infection
- Remotely assessing and risk stratifying COVID-19 patients
- Learning points from the updated standard operating procedures from NHS England
- Salient points from the new NICE guidelines on managing pneumonia in adults in the community
- Briefly touch on the updated PHE guidance on PPE
Listen to the podcast at https://www.pckb.org/e/covid-19-episode-3-managing-covid-19-patients-in-general-practice.
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline managing suspected or confirmed pneumonia in adults in the community:
- Primary care pathways website: https://primarycarepathways.co.uk/
- Centre for evidence based medicine: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/
- PHE what level of PPE, recommended PPE for primary, OP and community care: