The Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast: COVID-19
This week, Lisa and Sara talk to doctors involved in primary care research to give an overview of what developments are happening in COVID-19 research in the community at the moment. Our guest are:
- Professor Philip Evans – GP, Associate Professor of General Practice at The University of Exeter, National Speciality Lead for Primary Care at NIHR, Cluster Lead at Clinical Research Network National Speciality Hub
- Dr Sheila McCorkindale – GP, Local Clinical Research Speciality Lead at NIHR Clinical Research Network, Greater Manchester
- Dr Nick Thomas – GP, Clinical Research Speciality Lead with NIHR, Clinical Research Lead at the Clinical Innovation and Research Centre at RCGP
- The ‘PRINCIPLE’ study, the first clinical trial in COVID-19 patients consulting in primary care
- The RCGP Research and Surveillance programmes
- The National Institute for Health Research programmes
We reflect on the joined up nature of research efforts between branches and within Primary and Secondary care, contributing to all teams working towards the common goal to help patients nationally at this unprecedented time.
*** Note: We have taken down episode 4 (managing death in the community) in our COVID-19 series as the Enabling Safe Certification of Death Service has been updated, making parts of the episode no longer relevant. You can check our their FAQ in the resources below for the most up to date information about the service ***
We really want to make these episodes relevant and helpful: if you have any questions or want any particular areas covered then contact us on Twitter @PCKBpodcast, or leave a comment on our really quick anonymous survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YYQ763C
Listening on a podcast app
If you listen to podcasts already, you can find us on your favourite podcast app by searching “Primary Care Knowledge Boost”.
If you don’t have a podcast app, it is free and easy to install on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s app store (the Google Play Store for Android users and the iTunes store for iPhone users)
- Download a podcast app. Our favourites are ‘Castbox’, ’Pocketcasts’, and ‘Spotify’ as well as Apple’s own ‘Podcasts’ app for iPhone users.
- Open your app and search for ‘Primary Care Knowledge Boost’
- Click “Subscribe”.
Once you have installed an app and subscribed you should now be able to view our previous podcasts and will be notified when we post new ones.
Listening via direct link
If you want to listen directly, you can do so here: https://primarycareknowledgeboost.podbean.com/
This may not work on NHS computers but you should be able to open it on a phone, or personal computer/tablet.
Have feedback or suggestions? Just want to say hello? You can get in touch by either emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @PCKBpodcast