To find out more about how dentistry works in England, doctors Lisa and Sara talk to Greater Manchester Workforce Lead for Dentistry, Mukhtar Ahmad.
They cover how dental services are set up and funded in England, along with some of the current challenges facing dentistry.
They also cover how general practice and dentistry can help each other. Topics include, information sharing, bisphosphonates, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and diabetes.
Listen to the podcast episode at pckb.org/e/dentistry-as-part-of-primary-care/
- BMA advice and support for patients presenting with dental problems (Sept 2020): https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/gp-practices/gp-service-provision/patients-presenting-with-dental-problems?fbclid=IwAR1-rLLfHumLXMZSXxnb8UF_4acvgbTTcPYmvSQHa8VX18fM0Yn-8fCBoAk
- Scottish dental resources for professionals: https://www.scottishdental.org/professionals/
- Scottish dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme: Management of Dental Patients Taking Anticoagulants or Antiplatelet Drugs (March 2022): https://www.sdcep.org.uk/published-guidance/anticoagulants-and-antiplatelets/
- NHS Choices: Find A Dentist: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-dentist
- Baby Teeth Do Matter: https://babyteethdomatter.org/