In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast Doctors Lisa and Sara talk to Dr Allison Rees about GP appraisals and revalidation.
Together they cover why appraisals can be useful, the practicalities of what needs to be done and how to make them work for you.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://pckb.org/e/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gp-appraisals/.
- RCGP Guide to your Appraisal: https://www.rcgp.org.uk/your-career/revalidation/supporting-information-guidance
- Advice and Guidance for Locum Doctors and Doctors in Short Term Placements: https://www.england.nhs.uk/professional-standards/medical-revalidation/doctors/locum-ad/
- RCGP Appraisal and Revalidation Mythbusters: https://www.rcgp.org.uk/your-career/revalidation/mythbusters
- NHS England Greater Manchester GP Fellowship scheme for GPs within 2 years of Qualifying: https://www.gmthub.co.uk/our-programmes/gp-fellowship
- New to Practice Health Education England Fellowship: https://madeinheene.hee.nhs.uk/general_practice/Primary-Care-Training-Hub/GP-GPN-Fellowship-Programme/New-to-Practice-Fellowships
- The Revalidation Management System (RMS): https://rms.england.nhs.uk/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Medical Appraisal Guide 2022: https://www.aomrc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Medical_Appraisal_Guide_2022_0622.pdf
- National Association of Sessional GPs: https://www.nasgp.org.uk/
- The General Medical Practice Framework for Appraisal and Revalidation: https://www.gmc-uk.org/-/media/documents/The_Good_medical_practice_framework_for_appraisal_and_revalidation___DC5707.pdf_56235089.pdf