In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost (PCKB) podcast, doctors Sara and Lisa talk to doctor Aseem Mishra to discuss changes in the guidelines for hypertension.
The discussion includes advice on how to get the most accurate diagnosis and measurements for blood pressures, the importance of counselling patients well and advice on medications.
Listen to the podcast episode at pckb.org/e/hypertension-what-s-new/
- NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries (updated March 2023): https://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/hypertension/
- NICE Visual Summary of Hypertension Diagnosis and Management (Aug 2019): https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng136/resources/visual-summary-pdf-6899919517
- European Society of Hypertension Guidelines: https://www.eshonline.org/guidelines/2023-guidelines/
- Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group (GMMMG) Hypertension Toolkit (Sept 2023): https://gmmmg.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/GM-Hypertension-Pathway-V9.2-Final.pdf
- Antonios T116 Antihypertensive drug concordance in patients with apparent resistant hypertension: a tertiary hypertension referral centre experience Heart 2019;105:A97 https://heart.bmj.com/content/105/Suppl_6/A97.1
- Blood Pressure UK (good resources including patient booklets: https://www.bloodpressureuk.org/