In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast Doctors Lisa and Sara speak to Professor Dame Helen Stokes-Lampard about social prescribing in primary care.
They discuss what social prescribing is and why it matters. They talk about the National Academy of Social Prescribing, and its current roles and remit.
There are some great examples shared about social prescribing in action, and resources highlighted where people can find out more information about getting involved and having social prescribing link workers in practice.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://www.pckb.org/e/social-prescribing-in-primary-care.
- Greater Manchester Primary Care Careers: https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/jobs
- Greater Manchester Training Hub: https://www.gmthub.co.uk
- NHS England – Social Prescribing: https://www.england.nhs.uk/personalisedcare/social-prescribing
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: https://www.aomrc.org.uk
- National Academy for Social Prescribing: https://socialprescribingacademy.org.uk
- National Academy for Social Prescribing Twitter: https://twitter.com/NASPTweets
- Global Social Prescribing Alliance: https://www.gspalliance.com
- Men’s Sheds: https://menssheds.org.uk
- The Money and Pensions Service: https://moneyandpensionsservice.org.uk
- Park Run: https://www.parkrun.org.uk
- English National Opera – Breathe: https://www.eno.org/eno-breathe-3
- Campaign to End Loneliness: https://www.campaigntoendloneliness.org
- Football Association – Walking Football: https://thewfa.co.uk