In this episode, doctors Lisa and Sarah are joined by qualified pharmacist, Luvjit Kandula, Director of Pharmacy Transformation and Chief Officer of Greater Manchester Local Pharmacy Committee. She is also Chair of the Community Pharmacy Provider Board in Greater Manchester.
In the podcast you will learn about the essential services pharmacies are engaged in and get an understanding of the pressures community pharmacies are under.
You will also learn about the upcoming transformation plans and top tips to avoid errors in prescribing and how to take pressure off pharmacy teams.
- The Kings Fund, Community Pharmacies Explained: https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/community-pharmacy-explained
- Primary Care Demand: Supporting General Practice and Community Pharmacy (Greater Manchester: https://greater-manchester.communitypharmacy.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/118/2022/11/Primary-Care-Demand_Supporting-General-Practice-and-Community-Pharmacy_October-2022_Final.pdf
- Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (includes links to training Webinar, list of conditions, demos and case studies): https://gmpcb.org.uk/general-practice/gp-community-pharmacist-consultation-service/
- Greater Manchester Primary Care Provider Board Community Pharmacy Hub: https://gmpcb.org.uk/community-pharmacy/
- Save our pharmacies campaign: https://saveourpharmacies.co.uk/